Q: Do I need two laser machines to engrave and cut separately?
A: No, the laser machines we provide are capable of both engraving and cutting. One machine alone can fulfill the two purposes.
Q: Do the laser machines need to be connected to a laptop or desktop computer to work?
A: Yes, either is ok. It supports Windows 2000, Windows XP, Win 7 and other operating systems
Q: What kind of graphic format does it support?
A: JPG, PNG, BMP, PLT, DST, DXF, CDR, AI, DSB, GIF, MNG, TIF, TGA, PCX, JP2, JPC, PGX, RAS, PNM, SKA, RAW , etc.
Q: How to distinguish laser tubes with different powers and applications?
A: 1. Laser tube length (relatively speaking, the longer, the bigger)
2. Laser tube diameter (relatively speaking, the thicker, the bigger)
3. The bigger a laser tube power is, the deeper the machine can cut, but its light spot is bigger. So, it is better to use a machine with a low-power laser tube to engrave, such as 40W, 50W or 65W.
Q: What are the applications for laser tubes with different powers? For example, what is the maximum thickness of PMMA that laser machine can cut?
40W laser tube 5mm PMMA
65W laser tube 10mm PMMA
80W laser tube 15mm PMMA
100W laser tube 20mm PMMA
130W laser tube 25mm PMMA
150W laser tube 30mm PMMA
Q: In general, how long is the service life of a laser tube?
A: Generally, a laser tube’s service life can reach 3500 hours to 9000 hours depending on the specific usage. For example, if it works 8 hours per day, the detailed data is as follows:
1. If you set the power at 20-30% of the total power, the service life is about 1-2 years.
2. If you set the power at 40-50% of the total power, the service life is about 1 year.
3. If you set the power at 70-80% of the total power, the service life is about 6-8 months.
Q: How can I tell the power of a laser tube has been exhausted?
A: The beam color of a new laser tube in operation is purple. When the power is gradually depleted, the color will become white.
Q: Is it better to increase blow to improve laser processing performance?
A: For some thick materials, it works. But, when carving some other materials, you need to blow less.
Q: How long will it take to learn to operate a laser machine?
A: If you are able to use some basic graphic design software, it will only take a few hours to master the operation. You just need to do some simple tests on different processing materials to know how to set the correct speed and laser power.
Q: Is a laser machine in operation harmful to our bodies?
A: It is not harmful as long as the laser is not exposed directly to skin and eyes